The BioUno open source project seeks to improve scientific application automation,
performance, reproducibility, usability, and management by applying and extending software
engineering (SE) best practices in the field of scientific research applications.
Deliverables from the project have found a variety of applications
in lifescience research (bioinformatics, genetics, drug discovery).
- We explore and apply best practices in software engineering to
support the project mission
- We develop extensions to established SE tools, frameworks and technologies that directly
support or indirectly enhance scientific applications.
- We develop APIs and integration points that empower scientific applications through
- We promote collaboration and reuse through contributing to existing open source
- We educate users through blog, wiki,
and presentations on the application of SE best practices in
- We advocate with software engineers for enabling SE tools and frameworks for use
Read more about the project, its mission, objectives, motivations and strategy.
Latest from our Blog
» more from our blog.
» follow us on Twitter!